Thursday, August 10, 2006

Allow me to introduce myself...

I am T Bell from Charleston, SC and I live near these other folks. I am enjoying B-school, but I’m not really going to focus on that. I was self-diagnosed with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) a few years back. I have problems focusing on anything too long. I like to switch it up often. About a year ago I was living in Japan by myself and I had to find things to do with my time. I did a lot of bike riding, attending festivals and traveling across the country to visit my friends The one thing that I missed most while I was in Japan, beside family and friends was music videos. I have been obsessed with hip-hop, especially music videos since childhood. I had an older sister Tiffany (+8 yrs.) and brother Thad (+10 yrs). My brother was really into hip-hop, as it was in its earlier and arguably best stages. Around the age of 5, I began to watch BET with him as he taught me raps and dances. He was an awesome dancer and a great lyricist. He taught lyrics to random raps, which I would sing in the presence of my mother who would flip out because of the incorrect grammar. My sister suffered middle child syndrome and hated me many periods of my life. I was kind of annoying; I wanted to be just like her. Occasionally the three of us would chill and we’d have vinegar-drinking contests and act out scenes from Good Times. Anyway, I fell in love with music, particularly hip-hop and music videos. The soundtrack of my life is beautiful. The most memorable events in my life are associated with songs that bring back nostalgic feelings. If you are a music lover, you know what I mean.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Adrian said...

welcome to the blogging world t-bell!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger NandaAnn said...

tbell lives!!!! such poetry - "the soundtrack of my life".... it brought a premature tear to my eye!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home